Fruit SA is a non-profit company (NPC) registered as an umbrella body for the South African fruit industry. Fruit SA strives for
a competitive, equitable and sustainable SA fruit industry.
- Establish Fruit SA as the collective platform for the fruit industry in South Africa
- Engage constructively with government and other public institutions on policy,
legislation and their fruit matters
- Engage constructively with other strategic stakeholders
- Promote and coordinate Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE),
transformation and skills development
- Gather and disseminate key industry related information
- Communicate industry information to broaden public and industry stakeholders
The Citrus Growers Association (CGA) aims to maximise the long-term profitability of its members by: providing the industry with access to global markets; optimising cost effective production of quality fruit; continual commitment to research; development and communication with all stakeholders; and caring for the environment and the community within which we operate.
Hortgro is the South African deciduous fruit industry’s knowledge partner, with the goal of keeping growers informed, growing and transforming the industry, and making sure SA fruit is of great quality, and produced in the right way.
Hortgro also aims to actively participate in industry forums addressing social, ethical, health and safety and environmental issues.
The South African Table Grape Industry (SATI) intends to become a progressive growth-oriented industry representative, in the global table grape market, recognised as a global leader in the Table Grape Industry and an authentic leader in the South African agricultural sector.
The South African Subtropical Growers’ Association (Subtrop) is an association of associations that manages the affairs of the South African Avocado (SAAGA), Litchi (SALGA), Macadamia (SAMAC), and Mango (SAMGA), Growers Associations.
Fruit Exports from SA
Jobs in the sector
Fruit receiving countries