Fruit SA, is a non-profit organisation and the umbrella body of the South African fruit industry. Fruit SA creates and facilitates a competitive, equitable and sustainable environment for fresh fruit marketing and promotion for its members.
- Establish Fruit SA as the collective platform for the fruit industry in South Africa
- Engage constructively with government and other public institutions on policy,
legislation and their fruit matters
- Engage constructively with other strategic stakeholders
- Promote and coordinate Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE),
transformation and skills development
- Gather and disseminate key industry related information
- Communicate industry information to broaden public and industry stakeholders
Benefits of eating fruit
- Eating a diet rich in vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may reduce risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Eating a diet rich in some vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Diets rich in foods containing fiber, such as some vegetables and fruits, may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating vegetables and fruits rich in potassium as part of an overall healthy diet may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Eating foods such as fruits that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
Fruit Exports from SA
Jobs in the sector
Fruit receiving countries